Pre-Arrival PDF Print E-mail

Before an accepted student arrives at the International University of Nursing (IUON), it is important to complete all the tasks listed in the Enrollment Checklist. Students will not be permitted to register unless they provide evidence that they have completed the immunization and medical tests listed below.

By completing the tasks on the Enrollment Checklist, you will be prepared to enter St. Kitts.

Enrollment Checklist

  • Enrollment Deposit
    • Return the $200.00 deposit and Intent to Enroll form to IUON at our New York City office.
  • Passport
    • Students should obtain or renew their passport at least six weeks prior to departing for St. Kitts
    • Passports should be valid for a student's entire stay in St. Kitts.  Applications are available at the U.S. Post Office or the U.S. Passport Office
    • To obtain a passport, students must have:
      • Two color photos (2” x 2”) not more than six months old
      • An original birth certificate 
      • A second piece of identification; e.g., driver’s license, voter registration    card
  • Visa
    • Since students will be on campus longer than 3 months, the Government of St Kitts requires students to have a student visa.  The visa application must be completed prior to arrival in St. Kitts.
    • The application is included in each student's Welcome Package 
    • Documents submitted with the visa application must be originals or notarized photocopies
    • To apply for a visa, students must have:
      • A completed visa application
      • A notarized copy of your birth certificate
      • Copies of the first, second, and last pages of your valid passport
      • A police certificate/affidavit
      • A confirmation of financial self-sufficiency (certified bank statement of loan approval documentation)
      • The original or notarized copy of the acceptance letter from IUON
      • A copy of a round trip or open ended airline ticket
      • An IUON original medical form completed by a qualified physician with doctor's stamp
      • The results of an HIV-I/II blood test that is not more than six months old
        the results of a VDRL/RPR test that is not more than six months old
      • A radiologists report from a chest x-ray
      • A lab report from a Mantoux Test for tuberculosis
      • One passport size photograph
      • A processing fee of $150.00 USD for U.S. and Canadian students
    • If a spouse and/or family members will be with the student in St. Kitts, the visa application must have:
      • A marriage certificate
      • A notarized birth certificate of the spouse and/or each unmarried child under 18 years of age
      • International students may have a more rigorous procedure.  They should work closely with their post-acceptance director to ensure compliance with the visa application
  • Housing
    • Secure housing in St. Kitts by logging into the University Housing Database. 
    • Contact the University Director of Housing if you have questions or need assistance.
  • Financial Aid
    • Obtain financial aid prior to arrival on the St. Kitts campus
    • Contact IUON Financial Aid Department at (212) 868-0855 if you need assistance
    • Complete and return the Financial Aid form to the IUON Financial Aid Department in New York.
  • Immunizations (Required for registration)
    • IUON requires the following immunizations:'
      • DPT(Diphtheria, Pertussis, Tetanus)
      • MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella)
      • Polio
      • Hepatitis B (Start of the series)
      • Proof of having Chicken Pox disease or having had the Varicella or Viravax vaccine
  • Medical Tests (Required for registration)
    • IUON requires the following medical tests:
      • TB test
      • 1 PPD/Mantoux, together with radiologist’s report of Chest X-Ray (not the actual films)  X-Ray report is only required for those who have tested positive for TB.

Please note that spouses (husband or wife) are granted temporary residence to accompany their partners for the duration of their studies.

Girl/boy friend, other relatives or friends who wish to visit for more than the given one month will have to apply for an extension; approval is not automatic.  The Government of St. Kitts has the right to approve or deny an extension. Girl/boy friend or other relatives or friends may not work while in St. Kitts.

Children are allowed to stay once they are of school age (under 18) and they will have to be registered with the Education Department according to law, especially if they will be enrolled in the public school system.  Parents will have the choice of enrolling them in the private school or public schools.  


The $200.00 enrollment deposit and Intent to Enroll form should be returned to:

International University of Nursing, St. Kitts
North American Administrative Office
460 West 34th Street, 12th Floor
New York, NY 10001
ATTN:  Office of Admissions

Financial aid forms should be returned to:

International University of Nursing, St. Kitts
North American Administrative Office
460 West 34th Street, 12th Floor
New York, NY 10001
ATTN:  Office of Financial Aid

All other forms should be returned to:

International University of Nursing, St. Kitts
Camps, Basseterre
St. Kitts, West Indies 
ATTN:  Dr. Frank Wagner, Vice President for Special Projects

For those sending documents by Federal Express or UPS you may need a contact number for Dr. Wagner (869-466-2043)

International University of Nursing Live Chat Facebook Twitter YouTube University of Medicine and Health Sciences